Friday, October 22, 2021

Divide the Word?

 

Rightly divide the Word of truth? That Bible verse annoyed me. 

 

I preferred to connect the Word of Truth. Verses about subjects in the Bible should be put side-by-side to get a full picture… in my very humble opinion. What did the Bible say about love, or faith, or healing. Better to compare scriptures and then I would know…in my humble opinion.

 

After years of reading and frowning, Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth 

2 Tim. 2:15 God decided to correct my humble opinion about His Word.

 

He told me to look up the word divide in Strong’s concordance and see what it meant. 

What a novel idea. What could divide mean except divide?

 

Wow! The original meaning was much better than putting verses side by side. It came from a root meaning “to fold together. ” So now I humbly fold together the Word of truth to get the full picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers