Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thought for Today

       More and more I realize that we're to live in the now. To live in the past is a distraction. To live in the future is a distraction. Today is the day of salvation.
       No matter how many times I have imaginary conversations with people from my past it will not change what really happened. Cuddling up with my favorite times in life keeps me from seeing that this is the day that the Lord has made.  He calls everything he makes good. Today is good.
       "Give us this day our daily bread." We're admonished to "take no thought for tomorrow because sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." When we get to the grief or glory of tomorrow his grace will be there right on time. Wait until tomorrow becomes today lest you get ahead of God. He is not the Great I Was, or the Great Will be. He is the I Am.
       In light of this revelation, I choose to call my blog."Thought for Today."

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure where to comment on the general theme of your blog. I love that you went with a Daisy theme but as a webdesigner I have to let you know the background is very distracting. My eye keeps wanting to be pulled to the picture of the daisy at the right of the screen instead of to your writings in the middle. Solid dark colors in the background draws the eye to the middle of the screen.

    I love your logo with the light bulb and daisy in the middle. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Followers