Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Perfect Gift

            Years ago a friend sent me a Christmas card with a large check in it. I wrote her a note back and said in a teasing way, "How did you know what I wanted for Christmas? This is the perfect gift." Then I enjoyed dreaming about what I would do with this gift. 
            Final Decision? I gave my grandchildren something special for Christmas, paid a bill, and spoil myself with a small gift I would never have considered. My mind connected with the Bible verse, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father…James 1:17 (KJV) It struck to me that at Christmas we all got a perfect gift from the Father.
            This gift paid the debt called sin that we couldn’t pay. This gift can be given to family, or any one we choose. And this gift spoils us personally with treasures that are just for us. We receive trinkets of peace and joy, and answers to prayers that only He knew we wanted. The perfect gift…Jesus.
Prayer: Give us wisdom on how to share your all-inclusive gift.
Question: Who can I give the Father’s gift to this week?
Scripture: “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15 (NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers