Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Ticket Please

     They were upset. An usher walked down the stairs to a row of people sitting in front of us. “May I see your tickets?” After he looked at their tickets he declared:      “Your tickets are for the last performance.”
      They asked to stay since no one occupied their seats. He nodded toward the top of the stairs where others waited. “I’m sorry, you need to leave to make room for those who came for the present performance.”
       It was the start of a new year and I realized God was speaking to me through their story. Their dilemma applied to my thought life. The pain, shame and fame of my past liked to sneak into my mind and take up space. I remembered the good old days and glorified them. I also glorified the “bad old days” by dwelling on them. Both occupied space.
       Today I would unseat my past thoughts and plan my future. I’d control who sits in the space reserved for today’s performance. I am the usher for my mind. Ticket please.

Will I be present as each day unfolds? 
January 1 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up...” (Isaiah 43:18-19).
January 2 The LORD has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad” (Ps. 118:24).
January 3 “But I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead” (Phil 3:13b NLT).
January 4 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Cor. 5:17).
January 5 “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God” (Luke 9:62).
January 6 “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart” (Ps. 37:4).
January 7 So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:34)
                                            From: Devotional Journal book "Okay, God I Hear You"
                                                                                                     Daisy E Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers