Wednesday, March 11, 2020

It's not about me


The LORD stopped me to teach me a revelation after I became a new Christian.

Often when I came to God each day I said, “I love you,
…but I don’t spend enough time with you.
…but I sinned and got angry.
…but I forgot to do what you said to do.
…but I yada, yada, yada.”

This time when I said “I love you, but I…

“STOP!” That’s the instruction I heard from God’s loud; still small voice.

His voice continued, “Do you remember when someone you
love said, ‘I love you, but I don’t ...’”

I thought about it and answered, “Yes, I remember.”

“How did that make you feel?”

“Well, It felt empty. Like it was all about them.
Oh, I get it! You want me to forget my shame and stop pointing back to myself.
You prefer that I simply say, ‘I love you,’ and keep the attention on you.

Since then I simply say, "I LOVE YOU, LORD.”

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers