Friday, September 22, 2017

Accidental Prayer


            The whole incident probably took seven minutes. It was already dark when I started to drive home from a church prayer meeting. I stopped and waited for a red light to change. My rear view mirror told me that the car behind me was not going to stop. It hit with a jolt. 
My attitude was not good. I jumped out of my car and walk toward an older gentleman who stepped out of his car. I was anxious to survey the damage to my car. But I looked into his eyes, and I saw a reflection of my own eyes many years earlier.    
            “I’m sorry. I just came from the hospital and was thinking about my wife.” the distraught man explained. 
            Other cars were navigating around as we stood under the streetlights. I touched his arm and started to pray for him. I prayed that he and his wife would feel the love of the Lord, and doctors would have wisdom. I prayed other concerns that I had when my husband was in the hospital. Finally, I prayed, "Lord, keep him safe as he drives home."
            “You’re like an angel,” he whispered. 
            I looked at our undamaged cars, and his rejuvenated face and answered, “No, God wanted to tell you he loves you.”   

Scripture: “He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, He brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.” 2 Corinthians 1:4 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers