Friday, March 29, 2019

Comfort Food


My body and soul screamed for satisfaction. 
Driving home from church I kept getting urges and cravings. 
Coffee? Ice crème? Rhubarb pie? Every food place I passed called my name.

What was wrong with me I wondered? I had eaten a meal already.
I realized I was looking for something to satisfy me. And I wanted it NOW. 
Instant gratification. When I was almost home I realized that I was looking
for something that I already had.

I didn’t need comfort food. I had the Comforter. 
I decided to use the cravings for food, drink, and other distractions 
as a signal that I needed to spend time with HIM.

I began to worship and satisfy the hunger in my spirit. 
It took awhile for my spiritual food to process through the rest of my body and soul.  
But soon I was content. The Comforter was inside waiting for me to acknowledge Him.


As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God (Ps. 42:1NIV).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers