Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Grab the Brass Ring


Do you ever feel like the prize in life is just outside your reach?  No matter how hard you strain?
When I was little I loved the merry-go-round. Just the sound of the music in the distance made my small heart pound. I didn’t like going around in circles on wooden horses. Actually it made me sick. But I climbed up excitedly, chose the outside row of horses and hoped.
Young riders on the outside row of the MERRY-GO-ROUND horses were given a challenge. The ride started moving, a metal arm swung out that held many iron rings and a single brass ring, which riders could try to grab as they passed. The brass ring guaranteed a prize. I had short arms and long hope, but I always strained to reach for that brass ring and failed.
I learned something from that. Failure can condition us to quit trying. But while my hope was fading from failure, my arms were growing. Whatever God has told me to do I can do. Sometimes it just takes time for my arm to grow and catch up with His plan for my life and my desires.
I’ve recently grabbed my brass ring. I published my first book. Check your arms, and go for your dream. You’ll find it is no longer out of reach if you won’t quit trying.
 "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward that goal to win the prize for which God has called me..."(Philippians 3:13NIV).



  



1 comment:

Followers